Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Memoires of a Post-Op Patient

Like so many people who have just undergone surgery, I immediately began to recount memories of having my wisdom teeth removed. I thought you might enjoy them, so here they are.

* * *

(written in large, scrawling letters of first-grade quality) 
"Think about Nicole because I was laughing and she will laugh too. Because Dr. walked out and laughed
at me because I laughed. The IV hurt the whole time. I hear drill and 'suture' and I saw the bright light. And I knew they were taking out a tooth. Nurses talk about Facebook thought i couldn't remember, which was true. (3) Medullary cavity but I was wrong it's maxillary cavity. I just thought everything was really funny & I miss Nicole.  We will be funny on the phone

"I keept thinking at the end of surgery, 'this is not gonna be fun.' And I keep remembering things. I opened my eyes maybe 2-3 times. The nurse kept bouncing her knee which made me paranoid. He said 'open wide' and stuffed cotton."

* * * 

I then proceeded to laugh hysterically and call my mother a cheesecake head. Following this, she asked where I put my medicine and I began crying and asking if she was mad at me. Since then I have become much more conscious and much more chip-monk resembling. The moral of this story? Beware of writing any post-op memoires. They may just end up on your blog. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. i totally inderstand where all of this is coming from, I have had my wisdom teeth removed and have have surgery on my ear, post opp is not the most fun experience but I hope you get thru it alright
    love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).