Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Review: It's (Not That) Complicated


It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical WayIt’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way by Anna Sofia Botkin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is like a ray of light in the dark, confusing world of cross-gender relationships. I would encourage any young woman to read this book, especially if you feel confused about communication with the opposite sex and how to have meaningful guy-girl friendships without them spiraling into the quasi-romances so popular today.
This book doesn't give you tips on how to be cuter, more popular, or more guy-savvy; it deals with heart issues. For me, it was like a light-bulb finally flipped on. For instance I finally understood that treating men like brothers in Christ, means treating them as brothers - go figure! It also occurred to me, for example that, "Oh, if I'm kind, loving, and seeking to honor all the people (guys included) in my life, no one will think I'm being flirty when I am nice to men," along with other such revelations that have made my interactions with guys much less complicated.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).