Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...Unless You're a College Student

I'm staring at my computer screen right now with this rather vacant, emotionless gaze. My eye lids are drooping even though it's only 7:45 pm. My brain has worked hard all day and it has finally decided to reject all incoming information. If you talk to me, I may or may not hear you. If I do hear you and decide to respond, my sentences will probably be less than cohesive.  I might even stop midway through a sentence and ask you what I was talking about.

Yes, it's that time of the year. That time when every teacher is giving you all your final assignments and trying to cram in the maximum amount of information before finals. The time when the only word you can think of is "break." The time when--between the swirl of eating, showering, studying, and sleeping --the rest of your brain cells are committed to simply reaching that blessed morning when you will wake up in your house. You dream of the days when you will sit around and think about nothing for hours on end. You pray that by some miracle the days, hours, and minutes, until break will pass more quickly.

Basically, you feel like a living, breathing zombie. But what's worse, is that everyone out in the real world is delighting in feelings of holiday cheer.

So how does one cope with these desperate pre-break feelings of utter angst and despair? (Feel free to comment and add your ideas. They may get added to this blog post!)

  1. Despise Christmas Carols. They're too happy.
  2. Take a lot of naps
  3. Give your professors as many vacant stares as possible. Maybe they'll feel sorry for you.
  4. Cry. 
  5. Eat Chocolate in large amounts...
  6. ...Or maybe just eat large amounts of carbohydrates in general.
  7. Engage in Talk Therapy (more commonly known as "word vomit")
  8. Wish reeeeeally badly that you could learn by osmosis
  9. Pray for mercy--or maybe beg is a better word
  10. COFFEE
  11. Well....uh.....I'm.......um.....ZZZzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).