Sunday, February 26, 2012

Holy Skype

I usually accept Skype requests. If I know the person in name, I typically don't refuse regardless of how well I really know them. It's silly, I know.

But one day, it went from silly to highly amusing. 

* * *

The  sound of someone coming online bubbles from my laptop speakers. I glance casually down at the right hand corner of my computer, wondering absentmindedly who's now available to Skype. Suddenly, something catches my attention; I am certain this person is not from my contacts. This isn't just a case of the ol' Facebook-friend-amnesia. No, I know for a fact that the Holy Savior does not have a Skype account. That's right - the small square reads "Jesus came online."

I immediately click my Skype icon and view my contacts. I click on said "Jesus" only to find no identifying information on their profile. I stare at the sky blue Skype icon wondering who on earth this person is, but to no avail. I finally think to check recent conversations, but find much to my chagrin that this is one of my politely accepted, but never talked to contacts. We have no history of any conversations together. Ever. 

* * *

So now I'm friends with "Jesus" on Skype. As a matter of fact, I see him go on and offline several times a day. I often wonder what he'd say if I sent him a few prayer requests.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).