Friday, March 25, 2011

My (chaotic, silly, complicated, funny, difficult) Life

Moms have their blogs where they chat about how chaotic, silly, complicated, funny, and difficult their lives are. When they do it, other adults and young people alike laugh at their jokes, and sympathize with their problems. Even if we teens don’t quite get what parents mean when they say “kids are such a pain,” we at least figure that they’re right.

Not so with young person blogs. When we write about how chaotic, silly, complicated, funny, and difficult our lives are,  adults simply say to themselves, “they live charmed lives and their problems are nothing compared to ours.” Maybe they are right, but I’m not a middle-aged female with kids and a husband! My life feels chaotic, silly, complicated, funny, and hard to me.

So try this…

Adults: Remember what it was like to be my age. Enjoy reminiscing over when you thought that this was the most chaotic, silly, etc. time of your life.

Young people: Enjoy empathizing with me. 

Hopefully as I continue to update this blog, people of all ages will be able to laugh, cry, smile, and remember right along side me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).