Friday, December 2, 2011

I've Got Their Love to Keep Me Warm - Nicole


As I reflect on this past year, I have come to realize the value of the many wonderful friendships I have. I may not be the most popular person on campus but the friends I do have are wonderfully close, and absolutely awesome! So, I'd like to take the time each day to re-tell the story of how I met one of my friends in my December series "I've Got Their Love to Keep Me Warm".  Please enjoy!

"Niiks" and "Leelee" 
This is Nicole--Niiks as she is known to me. I met her for the first time when we were put in the same chapel band: I play violin and she plays guitar and we both sing harmony only. (Seriously, we sing it so much sometimes we can't remember the melody). We soon found out we were in the same chemistry class and so we said hi to each other occasionally. However, what really brought us closer together was one lovely day when I had the stomach flu. (Just bear with me here!)

The doctor told me I couldn't eat anything except Saltine Crackers, however I was in no shape to go to the store and was having trouble getting a hold of anyone. Being slightly a mess at the moment, I simply gave up trying and was resigned to my fate of eating nothing but ice cubes all day.

Click to see our "Friendship Profile"
After sitting around for awhile, I called Nicole simply to ask if I could copy her Chemistry notes, from the class I missed  day. Nicole--in her wonderful, caring, sweet way--INSISTED I tell her if I needed anything. I hesitantly told her I could use some Saltine Crackers and she kindly brought me some. As I lay sick in bed, she was a true nursing major. They say the best medicine is laughter, and perhaps that is why I got better so quickly; Nicole and I laughed our heads off as we discovered how nerdy we both were about biology and psychology. Despite having the flu, that was one of the best days of the semester because since then, Niiks and I  have been an inseparable pair.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).