Friday, December 30, 2011

Oh, the Throes of Life as a Teenager

Journal entries from me as a 13 and 14-year-old
My view on dating. Application was tough.  
"I think dating is in fact very pointless because...most of the time dating is the forces of emotion, physical attraction, and infatuation. Aka. Satan."
Why did I do this?
"While we were bowling we decided to do the spits when we threw the bowling ball. I did it, but a little later, I sat down and I felt something cold on my butt. I split my pants!"
 Me trying to be a philosopher:
"Ah, emotions, how they affect you. It's ridiculous how much emotions have to do with our daily lives. Those are my words of wisdom for the week." 
How I dealt with boy drama :
"This one boy is a most confusing subject to me. I want to be near him in a way I can't explain. And yet, he caused me so much heartbreak. And then sometimes I get so mad at him I stomp around and yell about it." 
Because we all know that Mennonites are the hottest...
"Kerry met a guy named Nick. She said he was homeschooled and looked a little mennonite. She also said he seemed like a godly man and was VERY cute. I'm glad she met him, but it made me feel jealous. This must be what it feels like to single and be friends with a married person."
Feelings of angst so aptly expressed. 
"I can't wait till I can drive. Then I'll have more freedom, which I want like mad! But mom will probably find some way to be controlling about that too. I sound awful, but I just want my mother to LET GO! After all, I am 14 years old!"

Now I look back and laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).