Saturday, December 3, 2011

I've Got Their Love to Keep Me Warm - Brooke


"Look to the golden pillar...It holds up the House!
Everyone, meet Brooke (commonly known as anything ranging from Brookie to Brooklee). This beautiful girl is one of my friends who compliments me by her opposite, but totally amazing personality.When she's "gone with the wind" I help bring her back down to earth.When I'm too overstrung, she helps me loosen up and laugh a little.

The story of how I met Brooke begins two summers ago at Maswterworks Festival, a month long music camp in Winona Lake Indiana. One overcast evening I was hurrying back from the dining hall, rather worried about the thunder and lightening already clearly visible/audible on the horizon. I walked past a small clearing with two metal benches and quaint gardens, noticing one of the girls from my orchestra--a french horn player--crying on one of the benches.

The essence of Brooke and I's relationship
At that moment, I felt rather torn. This crying girl seemed quite upset so I didn't want to bother her; however, (in case you didn't already put notice), she was sitting on a metal bench in the middle of an oncoming lightening storm and showed no signs of moving. I walked over and asked her if she was ok and she told me a very sad story; it broke my heart. But finally, as I sat a comforting this girl I'd never met, it began to rain. I gently informed my new acquaintance that we were sitting on a metal bench in the middle of a lightening storm and we both got up to leave. As we turned to go, I asked her name. "Brooke," she said...and we've been friends ever since. When I got sick at Masterworks, she stayed with me and "mothered" me back to good health. Whenever I get sick now, I can always hear Brooke's sweet but firm voice saying, "Drink some more water, Lynley."

Click here to see our "friendship profile"
Sadly, I don't get to see Brooke half as much as I'd like since she lives many hours away in New York. However, my wonderful Brooke recently began dating a mutual friend...from Ohio! There is hope yet that I will see her again soon! I can't wait for that day--we'll watch lots of 24.

Love and Miss you Brookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use complete sentences. (Just kidding).